Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods announces the availability of its new simple sweeteners, Organic Coconut Sugar, Coarse Turbinado Sugar and Sparkling Sugar. The three new products join Bob’s Red Mill’s broader line of quality sweeteners, which also received a packaging makeover.
"The desired sweetness of baked goods, or any food or beverage that calls for sweetening, really is a personal preference,” said Bob Moore, founder, president and CEO of employee-owned Bob’s Red Mill. “With our line of sweeteners, we want to appeal to everyone’s palate and meet every sweetening need. Our wide variety of sweeteners, ranging from simple cane sugar to our new Organic Coconut Sugar, will surely satisfy anyone’s sweet spot.”
In addition to the new sweeteners, each product in the line received a packaging update designed to provide a consistent packaging look that will make them easily recognizable to shoppers.
The now refreshed and expanded line of Bob’s Red Mill sweeteners consists of the following products:
- Organic Coconut Sugar – new! (MSRP $6.89 / 16-oz. bag) - An alternative sweetener made from the nectar of coconut palm tree blossoms. The mellow caramel flavor is perfect in cookies, cakes and quick breads. For a delicious breakfast, top oatmeal with a spoonful of coconut sugar.
- Coarse Turbinado Sugar – new! (MSRP $4.89 / 28-oz. bag) - A sweetener made from premium-quality sugar cane. The large-grain, amber colored crystals lend a delicious toffee flavor. Sprinkle on cookies, scones, muffins and pies for sparkle, sweetness and crunch. Also great for sweetening coffee, tea and cereal.
- Sparkling Sugar – new! (MSRP $7.89 / 28-oz. bag) - Made by polishing large crystals of wholesome cane sugar. Sprinkling Sparkling Sugar on baked goods, including scones, muffins, pies, and cookies, results in dazzling bakery-style treats with added sweetness and crunch.
- Brown Sugar (MSRP $4.99 / 28-oz. bag) - Cane sugar with molasses, the rich caramel flavor is perfect in glazes and marinades, hot cereal, and tasty treats such as chocolate chip cookies and sticky buns.
- Cane Sugar (MSRP $4.89 / 28-oz. bag) - The fine golden crystals yield scrumptious sweetness with a hint of caramel. It is perfect for all baked goods, such as cookies, cakes, pies, and pastries, and great for sweetening coffee, tea and cereal. Use as a one-to-one replacement for white sugar.
- Date Sugar (MSRP $13.69 / 24-oz. bag) - An alternative sweetener made from premium-quality Deglet Noor dates. The flavor is lightly sweet with delicious butterscotch notes. Date sugar can be used in many baking recipes as a one-to-one replacement for white sugar or brown sugar.
“We’ve searched far and wide to find the highest-quality sources for our sweeteners,” said Matthew Cox, vice president of marketing at Bob’s Red Mill. “With the addition of our newest sugars, we also offer the widest variety of sweeteners, from simple cane sugar to alternative sweeteners such as coconut and date sugars. We have the perfect product for any need or occasion.”
Bob’s Red Mill’s entire line of sugars is available now to retailers in cases of four, as well as online at www.bobsredmill.com.