Social Media Day takes place Tuesday, June 30, highlighting an ever-important aspect of our lives. Businesses are embracing social media to reach potential customers, and your bakery can do the same with the right strategy.
To that end, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has provided five ways for small ways your small business can be more social media savvy:
- Establish your brand – Users learn more about a business and its products/services through its social media pages. Your social media pages should reflect your values and offerings, while also giving you an outlet for creativity.
- Reach new customers – While fostering relationships with existing customers is important, your business needs new customers to truly grow. Social media is an easy way to connect with these potential customers. You can use ads and boosted posts to reach them, as well as using relevant hashtags and asking existing customers to post about your business.
- Embrace customer service – Social media is the new customer service outlet, so when a customer reaches out through a private message or public review, it’s important to respond in a timely, polite manner.
- Communicate important information quickly – In addition to email updates about upcoming sales or new products, use social media posts as another way to rapidly share these business updates.
- Recruitment – LinkedIn and Facebook allow you to post job listings to more easily find new employees.
To learn more about how to use social media effectively, small business owners can take SBA’s free “Social Media Marketing” online course, as well as check out SBA resource partner SCORE’s free recorded social media webinars.