Dominique Ansel, the famed baker and the creator of the Cronut, is back with more unique treats for Valentine’s Day. At Dominique Ansel Kitchen in New York City, customers can enjoy a pastry case filled with seven different heart-shaped cakes from February 12 to 14.
The cakes, which cost $8 individually or $54 for the seven-piece set, each come in a mini heart design with a different decadent flavor. Among the flavors are:
- Will You Accept This Rose? (red) – Creamy caramel mousse, a center of caramelized apples, and brown sugar financier cake, topped with a candied fresh rose petal (gluten-free)
- My Angel (white) – Honey ganache, cream cheese mousse, and almond biscuit, topped with delicate white chocolate angel wings
- All Wrapped Up in Love (orange) – Brown sugar ganache, homemade orange marmalade, and almond biscuit, finished with a handmade white chocolate bow
- Heart to Heart (purple) – Light-as-air chocolate mousse, lavender Chantilly cream, and flourless chocolate biscuit, topped with a perfect pair of white chocolate hearts (gluten-free)
- Berry in Love (pink) – Silky milk chocolate mousse, a layer of strawberry gelée, and almond biscuit, topped with a handmade white chocolate strawberry truffle filled with strawberry jam
- Cupid’s Arrow (green) – Creamy pistachio bavaroise, a layer of raspberry gelée, and crunchy Valrhona Caramelia (caramelized milk chocolate) feuilletine, finished with a white chocolate cupid's arrow
- Hugs & Kisses (blue) – Hazelnut bavaroise, caramel cremeux, and crunchy hazelnut feuilletine, topped with a white chocolate XO
Also available at Dominique Ansel Kitchen are I’m Berry Into You Strawberry Truffles, a dozen handmade white chocolate strawberries filled with homemade strawberry jam, and He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not Raspberry Chambord Heart Macarons, a flower made of raspberry macarons filled with dark chocolate Chambord ganache and homemade raspberry jam.