Unsalted Butter 7 Tablespoons (98g)
Chopped Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate 60% cacao 1¼ cup (175g)
Eggs Large 2 (100g)
Egg Yolks Large 3 (54g)
Cake Flour ½ cup (60g)
Confectioners Sugar ½ cup (60g)
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Red Food Color as needed
1. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a large bowl
2. Add the eggs and egg yolks and whisk well to combine and smooth then add the food color
3. Sift the flour, salt and confectioners sugar together and add to the chocolate mixture whisk smooth.
4. Scoop the batter into prepared ramekins and bake in a preheated oven at 375° F for about 15- 18 minutes as shown in the video
5. Turn out immediately onto a serving plate and sprinkle with additional confectioners sugar *optional
Baked cakes are meant to be served a la minute, and are not to be stored for serving later.
Formulation courtesy of Gretchen's Bakery