1 1/2 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour or Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup amaranth flour or whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups peeled and grated carrots
1/2 cup peeled, cored, and grated apple (about 1 medium)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
2. In a small bowl, combine the two flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, beat together the coconut oil, butter, and sugars until pale and creamy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until smooth and scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl after each one; then beat in the vanilla.
5. Stir the dry ingredients then the remaining add-ins into the wet mixture just until evenly incorporated.
6. Drop the dough in 2" balls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2" apart; a jumbo cookie scoop is the right-sized tool for this job.
7. Bake the cookies for 13 to 15 minutes, until they're just set at the center.
8. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a rack to cool.
9. Store baked cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Store in the freezer, wrapped airtight, for up to 1 month.
Formulation courtesy of King Arthur Flour