1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and use a variety of round cutters to create different sizes of cookies.
2. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method. To make icing for this method, mix a batch of royal icing and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Setting aside some white run icing, use DecoPac Premium Gel to tint the remaining icing. Mix batches of orange, lime, blue and yellow run sugar icings.
4. Use a #3 round tip to outline one or two cookies with blue run sugar, and then fill in the outline(s). For stars, planets and laser beams, pipe all backgrounds while the original blue icing is still wet, so that the images settle flush. Allow to dry completely.
5. Finish cookies by attaching Dec-Ons® decorations with a dab of icing.
Decorating tip courtesy of Lucks
To order everything you need to decorate this cookie, please click here.