1. Make a template for the top layer of the cake out of corrugated cardboard. The back of the base is 6 1/2” long. The sides are 3 1/2” long. The remaining sides leading to the point of the base are 4 1/2’ long. The width from the back of the base to the point is 7” long.
2. Lay the cardboard template on the top of the bottom cake layer mark where the top layer will be placed with a line of white frosting. Mix green icing using Lucks Green Liquid Airbrush Color. Flat ice the green areas of the cake as shown. Make small impressions for a grass-like texture with the tip of a palette knife.
3. Make light brown icing using a 3:1 ratio of Brown and Orange Liquid Airbrush Colors. Use a #8 tip to pipe the light brown icing in the areas shown. Before the icing dries, sprinkle with Gold Sanding Sugar. Tip: to keep the sanding sugar from spilling onto the grass, stick a border of parfait strip pieces into the cake along the edge of the dirt. Brush off the excess sugar with a small brush and take the parfait strips out.
4. Spread some icing on the bottom cake layer where the top piece will be placed. Use the template to cut out the top layer. Place the top layer on the cardboard template and ice it with white icing. Apply the Baseball Fan Edible Image® to the top layer. Place the top layer onto the bottom layer as shown.
5. Use the green icing and a #5 tip to pipe green grass as shown along the front of the top tier.
6. Make red icing with Red Liquid Airbrush Color. Finish the cake by piping a beaded bottom border using a #8 tip.
To order everything you need to decorate this cake , please click here.
Decorating idea courtesy of Lucks