The 12th annual Pillsbury Bakers Plus Creative Decorating Competition will be held All Things Baking on Sept. 9-11, 2012 in Houston, TX. Nine contestants will compete head-to-head for the coveted Pillsbury Bakers Plus championship title.
This year’s contestants are:
• Keeann Richards-Cramer of Jerry's Foods representing the Upper Midwest Bakery Association
• Betsy Yagunic of Alliance Bakery representing the Chicago Area Retail Bakers Association
• Emma McAdow of Busken Bakery representing the Greater Cincinnati Retail Bakers Association
• Rachel Vaughn of The Cakery representing the Ohio Bakers Association
• Tina Bernier of Tiffany's Bakery & Eatery representing the Southeastern Retail Bakers of America
• Krystina Gianaris of Kake Kouture representing the New Jersey Bakers Board of Trade
• Tamara Mugerauer of Tamara's The Cake Guru representing the Wisconsin Bakers Association
• Chris Bullock of Celebrations entering by portfolio
• Erica Hodges of Celebrations entering by portfolio
The competition is held on the trade show floor for 10 hours over a two day period in five categories including flowers and sprays, wedding cake, rolled fondant, custom design cakes and cupcakes and sculpted cakes.
The highest scoring individual, as determined by a panel of professional judges, will be awarded the coveted Pillsbury Bakers Plus Grand Champion Trophy, sponsored by General Mills and $14,000 in prize money. Gold, silver, and bronze medals will also be awarded for the highest three scores in each category. Sponsors of the contest include General Mills/Pillsbury and the Retail Bakers of America along with category sponsors, Pfeil & Holing, Bakery Crafts and DecoPac.