WHAT/WHEN: Tickets for the fourth annual Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Food & Wine go on sale Monday, June 20th!
The Festival, which benefits the Food Bank For New York City and Share Our Strength, takes place September 29 – October 2, 2011. A complete line-up of events for the 2011 Festival is available now at www.nycwineandfoodfestival.com. A taste of new and returning highlights include the following:
The unique Soho space 82 Mercer will be home to three of the Festival's marquee events this year, including:
• San Pellegrino's Meatball Madness hosted by Giada De Laurentiis
• Creekstone Farms presents Tacos & Tequila hosted by Bobby Flay
• Godiva Chocolatier presents Sweet sponsored by Absolut Vodka and Mumm Napa hosted by Sandra Lee
Festival's favorite Bank of America presents Chelsea Market After Dark is kicking it up a notch this year with host and first-time New York City Wine & Food Festival participant Emeril Lagasse.
Defending 2010 People's Choice Award winner Bobby Flay will return to the Blue Moon Burger Bash presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats which will be hosted by none-other than Whoopi Goldberg, who is filling in for Rachael Ray for this year only.
Signature event Grand Tasting presented by ShopRite with Culinary Demonstrations presented by KitchenAid moves to its new home at New York City's historic Pier 57.
Tyler Florence hosts first time event FRIED, which will take place at Elizabeth Karmel's popular hotspot Hill Country BBQ.
Last year's hit event Sandwich Showdown returns with a make-over as The Best Thing I Ever Ate Between Bread hosted by Duff Goldman.
Pier Sixty will host some of the finest names in the wine and culinary industries during the inaugural Tribute Dinner honoring His Royal Highness Prince Robert of Luxembourg and Jacques Pepin presented by Bank of America. Chefs Daniel Boulud, Alain Ducasse, Laurent Gras, Alain Sailhac and Jacques Torres will cook for distinguished guests and dishes will be paired with fine wines from Chateau Haut-Brion and Clarendelle, while Martha Stewart serves as the emcee for the evening. This dinner is held in partnership with Les Dames d'Escoffier New York.
Other new and notable veteran events include: Brooklyn's Bounty hosted by Adam Richman presented by Edible Brooklyn, Rock & Bowl hosted by Anne Burrell, Thrillist's BBQ & The Blues presented by Merrilat hosted by Curtis Stone, Carts in the Parc hosted by Andrew Zimmern, Cooking Channel's Meatpacking Uncorked presented by The Corcoran Group, and so much more!
Returning Festival sponsor Whole Foods Market presents an unprecedented dinner series throughout the weekend, including the following:
• Red Rooster Dinner with Marcus Samuelsson, Andrea Reusing and Hedy Goldsmith
• Delta's Catch of the Day with Hung Huynh, Michelle Bernstein, Franklin Becker, Michael Chiarello, and Andrea Robinson
• Nuevo Peru hosted by Gaston Acurio
• The Standard Grill Dinner with Dan Silverman, Marco Canora and Bill Telepan
• New Culinary Discoveries with David Bouley
• Among the Flowers: An Intimate dinner at Ai Fiori with Michael White
• The Journey of an Urban Italian to Find American Flavors with Andrew Carmellini and Marc Vetri
Plus the TimesTalks series returns with a one-of-a-kind line-up that includes the world-renowned Ferran Adria, Eric Ripert & Jennifer Carroll, Guy Fieri and more; as well as Lifestyle and Wine Seminars hosted by Food & Wine, an unparalleled program of events that make up Meatpacking Local presented by The Corcoran Group and Kids Get Cooking!
WHERE: The public can begin purchasing tickets at 12 a.m. on Monday, June 20, 2011, online at www.nycwineandfoodfestival.com or beginning at 9 a.m. via telephone at 866.969.2933.