3 Lbs 8 Oz Fresh clementines
2 Lbs 4 Oz Whole eggs
1 Lb 12 Oz Granulated sugar
2 Lbs 4 Oz American Almond Blanched
1 Oz Baking powder
12 Oz Bittersweet chocolate, grated
1. Simmer the whole clementines, covered in cold water, until tender, about 1½ to 2 hours. Drain then chill the fruit.
2. Cut the fruit in half, remove any seeds then purée the whole fruit and peel to a pulp in a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
3. Beat the eggs. Add the granulated sugar and beat until lightened. Add the American Almond® Blanched Almond Flour and baking powder. Fold in the clementine purée.
4. Divide the batter between four 8-inch springform pans, greased and parchment-lined. Bake at 375°F until set in the center, about 45 to 50 minutes.
5. Cool the cakes on a rack. Sprinkle the warm cakes with the grated chocolate.
Formulation courtesy of American Almond