456 g of butter
456 g of Van Leer Bel Noir 58% dark
171 g of cocoa mass
342 g of eggs
30 g of instant coffee grains
30 g of vanilla extract
513 g of sugar
178 g of all purpose flour
15 g of baking powder
5 g of salt
385 of chopped pecans
342 g of Van Leer Milk chocolate chips 1M
Chopped pecans and caramel - as needed
1. Butter and flour a 1/2 sheet pan.
2. Melt together the butter, Bel Noir 58% dark and the cocoa mass to 45ºC (113°F).
3. Temper the eggs, the coffee beans, vanilla and sugar with the chocolate mixture. Allow to cool to room temperature.
4. Combine all the dry ingredients and add to the whole mixture.
5. Add pecans, Van Leer Milk chocolate chips 1M and spread in pan.
6. Bake at 150ºC (300°F) for 35 minutes.
7. Coat with caramel or/and chopped pecans.
Formulation courtesy of Van Leer