1/4 cup sugar
14 oz. cream cheese
2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon zest
As needed Graham Cracker Crust (see make-ahead recipe below)
As needed Tomato-Vanilla Jam (see make-ahead recipe below)
As needed Graham Cracker Crust
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter
1 Tbsp. butter, to grease pan
As needed Tomato-Vanilla Jam
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/2 vanilla bean, split
4 cups red cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1. Place the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer. With a paddle attachment, whip the cream cheese over medium-high speed until smooth, approximately 3 minutes..
2. Add the avocado, sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth.
3. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating well after each addition.
4. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
5. Mix in the lemon zest and pour filling onto Graham Cracker Crust and smooth top with an offset spatula.
6. Place on top of a baking sheet and bake at 300ºF for 45 minutes or until set. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate.
7. Garnish with Tomato-Vanilla Jam and serve.
Graham Cracker Crust
1. Combine crumbs and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Melt the butter over medium heat and mix into crumb mixture with a spoon until well combined.
3. With the remaining butter, grease the sides and bottom of a nine-inch spring form pan.
4. Cut out a parchment paper circle to fill in the bottom of the pan.
5. Pour the crumbs into the pan and press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan with your fingers.
6. Bake at 300ºF for 5 minutes to set the crust and cool to room temperature.
1. In a small pot, combine the sugar, water and vanilla bean and simmer until sugar is melted.
2. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the tomatoes soften.
3. Strain the mixture and reserve the tomatoes in a small bowl.
4. Return the syrup back to the pot. Place pot over medium heat and reduce by half, approximately 10 minutes. Pour over the tomatoes and chill completely until ready to serve.
Formulation courtesy of Chef Trey Foshee for the California Avocado Commission