2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, plus more for dusting
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling
4 tablespoons coconut oil, frozen
zest of one lemon
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2/3 cup milk, plus more for brushing
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
2. Combine whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Add the coconut oil and cut with a fork until the oil is in pea-sized pieces.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the lemon zest, Greek yogurt, milk, and vanilla.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
6. Stir in the frozen Wild Blueberries, then pat the dough out onto a floured surface into a 1/2 inch thick circle.
7. Cut the dough into 8 wedges or cut with cookie cutters. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet, brush with a small amount of milk, and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the edges of the scones are browned and the centers spring back when touched.
Formulation courtesy of Wild Blueberries