2 cups frozen Wild Blueberries
2 TBS fresh orange juice (~1/2 orange)
1 TBS maple syrup
Crust & Topping
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup brown rice flour
2 TBS brown sugar (or granulated sweetener of your choice)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 TBS orange zest
1/4 cup almond pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line with parchment or lightly grease an 8×8 dish.
3. In a small bowl, combine berries, juice, and syrup. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine oats, almond meal, rice flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and zest. Stir to combine.
5. Spread 2/3 of the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish and press down firmly. Spread blueberry mixture evenly over oat layer.
6. Cover the top of the berries with remaining 1/3 of the oat mixture. Sprinkle pecan pieces over the top, then press down lightly.
7. Bake 25-30 mins, or until golden brown on the edges.
8. Let cool and cut into bars.
Formulation courtesy of Wild Blueberries