4 sticks butter
3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c. milk
4 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 c. shredded coconut
1/4 c. caramel sauce
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until light and creamy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add in sugar, beating until fully combined, about 2 to 3 mins. Add eggs, vanilla extract and milk, beating until combined.
2. Turn the electric mixer to low speed, and gradually beat in the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, and stir in cocoa powder. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. If Using Mini Loaf Pans: Pour batter into four greased mini loaf pans and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, then top batter with shredded coconut. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean (just a few crumbs, no gooey batter), about 20 minutes more.
4. If Using a Full-Size Loaf Pan: Pour mixture into a full-sized pan and bake for 40 minutes, then top batter with shredded coconut. Bake 30 to 35 minutes more. (Follow the same toothpick test to check doneness.)
5. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes before removing cake from loaf pan. Drizzle caramel sauce over top before slicing and serving.
Formulation courtesy of Delish