Bakeries work with National Honey Board on National Honey Month celebration
Participating bakeries will look to promote honey and the importance of honey bees to our ecosystem. Each bakery will feature specially-made honey products during the month of September that will showcase the all-natural sweetener's versatility. Products such as breads, rolls, pastries, pies, and much more will be highlighted.
Additionally, each bakery will set up a sticky station in-store. These stations will give customers the ability to top their bakery items with three varietals of honey, each with a unique flavor and color.
The participating bakeries are:
- Born & Bread Bakehouse, Lakeland, Florida
- Gracious Bakery, New Orleans
- Floriole Café and Bakery, Chicago
- Back in the Day Bakery, Savannah, Georgia
- Baker Miller, Chicago
- Companion Bakery, St. Louis
- Cornerstone Baking, Indianapolis
- Good Cakes & Bakes, Detroit
- La Baguette Magique, West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Little Tart Bakeshop, Atlanta
- Essen Bakery, Philadelphia
“Honey has always been a part of people’s morning routines through its use to enhance a cup of hot tea or top an English muffin,” says Catherine Barry, National Honey Board’s director of marketing. “This National Honey Month, we’re celebrating how honey is the perfect way to start the day, whether it’s topping a piece of toast or included in the formulation of a honey granola or honey muffin.”