Veterans Day at Your Bakery
On Saturday, November 11, businesses across the United States will celebrate Veterans Day with special offers to honor those who have served in the armed forces. It is an opportunity to give a little something back to our veterans and active duty military personnel for all that they give.
Your bakery can recognize these special men and women with your own discount or freebie. This can range from 10% off purchases to an entire free meal, depending on what your business can handle.
Here are what some businesses are choosing to do or have done in the past for Veterans Day:
- Krispy Kreme – Free donut
- Dunkin’ Donuts – Free donut
- Bruegger’s Bagels – Free coffee
- Starbucks – Free coffee. Additionally, for every Veterans Day Starbucks Card or eGift purchased, Starbucks will contribute $5 to help support programs assisting service members, military spouses, and veterans.
- Carlo’s Bakery – In 2016, the bakery gave a free large cannoli to all veterans and active duty military personnel
- Cinnabon – 15% discount. Additionally, Cinnabon has donated proceeds to veterans organizations in the past. In 2015, the bakery chain donated $1.20 from every purchase of its Cinnapacks to Operation Gratitude, which aims to lift spirits and meet the evolving needs of the U.S. military and first responder communities through the delivery of personalized care packages.
- Three Dog Bakery – The bakery geared towards our furry companions will donate 15% of sales to Friends in Service of Heroes (FISH), which helps pay for service dogs for veterans to help them in their daily lives.
- Busken Bakery – The Cincinnati, Ohio-based bakery will give all retired and active military a free four-pack of patriotic donuts.
- One Hot Cookie Bakery and Catering Company – Customers of the Murphysboro, Illinois bakery will have the opportunity to fill out a special form with a veteran’s information. Those veterans will then be honored at a nearby park with their names written on special memorial stones.
- Cops and Doughnuts – At all of the bakery’s Michigan locations, youths who recite the Pledge of Allegiance from memory will receive a small American flag and a free doughnut. Veterans and active duty military personnel will be on hand to help the young people.