Cat and bird fanciers unite! With these adorable cookie-pop cupcakes!
1. Cut out several of one size of cookie with a cutter from the Plain Tier Drop Cutter Set.
2. Stack two cookies together, one on top of the other, with an 8" stick sandwiched in-between by about 2”. Make sure the cookie is facing the proper direction when placing the stick. Tip: you can use a variety of sticks including Popsicle, cake-pop, or wooden skewers.
3. Bake your cookies and let cool.
4. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method; to make icing for this run sugar method, make a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
5. Use Lucks Liquid Airbrush Colors in Black and Orange to tint the icings.
6. Use a #2 tip with black icing as shown to outline the cats. Use a white outline for the black cat.
7. Use a #3 tip to fill in the cats with orange, black, or white icing as shown.
8. After the icing has set up, use a dab more to attach a cat face to each cookie from the Kitty Collection Dec-Ons® decorations. Coordinate the color of the cat face with the color of the cat body as shown.
9. Use icing to attach a bird perching upon each cat’s tail, from the Birds of Fancy Assortment Dec-On® decorations. Coordinate the color of bird to the color of cat as shown.
10. For the cupcakes, make a small amount of tinted icing using Liquid Airbrush Colors Orange, Blue, Black and Pink. Use the colored icing, white icing, and a #8 tip, to pipe a beaded border around each cupcake as shown. Coordinate the colored borders with the cookie-pops you will insert as shown.
11. Use light green icing made with DecoPac Neon Brite Green Premium Gel, and a #5 tip to cover the cupcake with blades of grass as shown.
12. Finish by Inserting one cookie pop into each cupcake.
To order everything you need to decorate these cookies, please click here.
Decorating idea by Sandy McNicol, Lucks