Have fun designing your own birthday scene around Mini Birthday Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations...just add your own custom characters!
1. Trim both edges of three strips of Safari Zebra Designer Prints™ decorations with the scalloped blade of a pastry wheel.
2. Spray trimmed strips with Blue Liquid Airbrush Color and let dry for no less than 15-20 minutes.
3. Mix six batches of icing:
--grey using a touch of DecoPac Coal Black Premium Gel
--black using Coal Black
--dark yellow using Egg Shade Airbrush Color
--red using Red Airbrush Color
--blue using Blue Airbrush Color
--flesh tone using a scant amount (1:1) of Orange and Red Airbrush Colors.
4. Ice the cake and apply trimmed and airbrushed strips to the sides.
5. Use blue icing in a #10 plain round tube to pipe a beaded bottom border.
6. Use dark yellow in a #10 tip to pipe the giraffe’s head, neck and body; use a #5 plain round tube to pipe arms, legs and tail.
7. Use chocolate icing in a #10 tip to pipe the monkey’s head, ears and body; use a #5 tip to pipe arms, legs and tail.
8. Use the chocolate icing in the #5 tip to pipe the giraffe’s spots and tail fluff.
9. Use flesh tone icing in a #5 tip to pipe monkey’s maw, hands and feet; use a #4 plain round tube for his fingers and toes.
10. Use grey icing in a #4 tip to pipe mouse’s head, body, arms, legs, ears and tail.
11. Use black icing in a #3 plain round tube to pipe all animals’ facial features, as well as the giraffe’s hooves.
12. Use Mini Birthday Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations to add life to the party! Use hats for the giraffe and monkey, blowers for the mouse and monkey, a cake, and balloons held by the monkey’s tail!
13. For the top border, use red icing in a #10 tip to pipe one dot at each cardinal point; then pipe one more red dot between each of the four cardinal dots. You will have eight dots total.
14. Alternate blue and red dots, as shown; fill in small dots with red icing in a #4 tip.
To order everything you need to decorate this cake, please click here.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz, Lucks