1. Use a medium round cutter to create rounds using your favorite no-spread cookie recipe.
2. Cut all rounds in half before baking using the cook’s knife; use the same knife to cut an appropriate number of elongated triangles which will serve as legs and tails. Bake all cookies and let cool. TIP: You may need to remove the smaller legs and tails from the oven before the other half-rounds, to avoid burning.
3. Use royal icing—white as well as brown-tinted—to ice the legs and tails. Set aside to dry.
4. Use your favorite soft icing to create half round sandwiches for the dog bodies.
5. Apply Designer Prints™ to fondant with a light mist of water. Let rest for 5-15 minutes.
6. Cut the dressed fondant using a round cutter one size up from the ones used to cut cookies.
7. Apply fondant to cookies using a small amount of icing or piping gel. The full rounds will drape over the half rounds like a saddle, to cover both sides of the dogs’ bodies.
8. Attach fully dried legs and tails with melted chocolate. You may also use royal icing to attach the appendages, provided that you have an additional day to allow for drying time. TIP: Use the poses we have arrived at, or use your own creativity to devise new ones!
9. Finish with Dec-Ons® decorations, attached with a dab of icing or melted chocolate.
To order everything you need to decorate this cookie, please click here.
Decorating idea by Sandy McNicol, Lucks