1. A day ahead, mix batches of light blue and light pink fondant. TIP: Use only a very scant amount of red gel color to achieve your pinks for this project.
2. Roll out each color of fondant, and apply pieces of coordinating Designer Prints™ to each, using clear potable alcohol or a light application of water.
3. Use specialty cutters to cut butterfly shapes, and allow to dry partially folded, as shown.
4. The next day, mix batches of light pink, blue and green icings.
5. Use #807 tips to ice cupcakes.
6. Use blue and pink icings in #4 tips to pipe a few random blossoms on each cupcake.
7. Affix fondant decorations using a dab of icing, and then use white icing in a #4 tip to pipe butterfly bodies through the center of each wing pair.
8. If desired, garnish butterfly head with an edible pearl.
To order everything you need to decorate these cupcakes, please click here.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz