1. Mix up a batch of gray fondant by mixing black and white fondant together until it is a dark gray color. Roll out the fondant to about ¼ of an inch in thickness.
2. Using an X-acto knife cut out tombstones out of the fondant that are about 1 ½ to 2 inches tall. Then take a small paintbrush and some black liquid gel color and paint cracks and the RIP on the tombstones. Set them aside to harden for a few hours or overnight.
3. Take chocolate butter cream and use a #807 round tip to pipe a dome of frosting on top of your cupcake.
4. Then crush some chocolate sandwich cookies into small pieces and mix it with some chocolate sprinkles to make dirt.
5. With your hand, scoop up the cookie mixture and pat it all the way around the dome of frosting.
6. Take your tombstones and place them on the back half of your cupcake and support the back with a small amount of frosting piped on to touch the sprinkles and the bottom of the tombstone. This will keep it from falling backwards off the cupcake.
7. Then place the Dec-Ons in front of your tombstone. You can glue them to the sprinkles with a small dab of frosting.
To order everything you need to decorate these cupcakes, please click here.
Decorating idea courtesy of Lucks