2. Bake cookies and let cool.
3. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method; to make icing for this run sugar method, make a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
4. Use DecoPac Coal Black Premium Gel to color both consistencies, reserving some of the regular icing (white) for the bones.
5. Use a #3 round tip to pipe outlines using black royal icing. When the outlines have dried slightly, fill in with white run-in icing. Let dry.
6. Use white icing in a #3 tip to pipe crossbones.
7. Finish with one White Skulls Dec-Ons® decoration on each cookie.
To order everything you need to decorate these cookies, please click here.
Decorating idea courtesy of Lucks