On Tuesday, June 26, Auntie Anne’s announced that Birthday Cake was the winner, narrowly defeating Caramel Apple Crème Brûlée. The new Birthday Cake Pretzel will be available in stores for a limited time this fall.
“The second annual Pretzel Nation Creation competition has been the icing on the cake for our 30th birthday celebration,” says Meredith Wenz, Auntie Anne’s director of marketing. “It’s fitting that our fans marked the occasion by choosing the Birthday Cake Pretzel. It’s going to be a pretzel unlike any other, and I invite all of you to stop by your local Auntie Anne’s to try it this fall.”
The final tally:
- Birthday Cake: 79,641 votes
- Caramel Apple Crème Brûlée: 78,979 votes
- Red Velvet Cheesecake: 38,154 votes
- Cookies & Cream: 31,245 votes
- Tiramisu: 16,542 votes
- Chocolate Coconut: 16,191 votes
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake: 15,121 votes
- Chocolate Covered Cherry: 9,314 votes
- Cotton Candy: 8,748 votes
- Lemonade Cake: 7,211 votes
In last year’s inaugural Pretzel Nationa Creation, voters chose from a variety of unique flavors, ultimately selecting Sriracha over flavors like S’mores, Taco, and Dill Pickle.