Image courtesy of Inline Plastic Corp.
Inline Plastics Corp.'s manufacturing facility in Shelton, Connecticut, has been named a finalists for IndustryWeek's 2017 Best Plants award.
The 19 finalists are selected from across North America, representing plants that demonstrate a commitment to manufacturing excellence. The winner will be announced in the spring of 2018.
Finalists were determined by a panel of IndustryWeek editors and outside experts. The panel considers a variety of factors, including:
- A comprehensive effort to achieve world-class manufacturing capability
- Strong quality systems and results
- Extensive employee involvement and empowerment programs
- A strong customer focus on satisfaction, product design, and reduced lead times
- Flexible production systems capable of responding quickly to customer needs
- Manufacturing improvements, such as shortened cycle times, improved productivity, and reduced inventories