Buzzfeed recently shared this fun recipe which uses sugar, water, corn syrup, and a water balloon to create a magical dish that looks like it defies physics.
Here are the instructions for making these edible sugar bowls:
- With soap and water, rinse a balloon.
- Fill the balloon with water to the size of a cereal bowl.
- Place the water balloon on top of a container that has a smaller diameter than the balloon.
- Pour ½ cup of water into a pot.
- Pour 1½ cup of sugar into a pot.
- Pour ½ cup of corn syrup.
- Stir the ingredients and set the heat on medium-high.
- Heat the ingredients to 300?F/150?C.
- Use a candy thermometer to measure the heat.
- Optional: add sprinkles or food coloring to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture directly over the water balloon.
- Allow the heated mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the water balloon attached to the sugar bowl.
- Serve with favorite foods or eat whole.
These bowls can easily be made at home or at a shop. You can watch one be made in the above video from Buzzfeed.