Thrillist recently shared this incredible recipe that makes excellent use of some popular seasonal flavors. This fun and fascinating dessert is somehow gooey and crunchy at the same time, with the perfect amount of mint and chocolate tastes. The recipe provided can be scaled up to fit the needs of professional bakers.
½ cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
? cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow fluff
? cup vanilla frosting (homemade or store variety)
2 tablespoons peppermint mocha creamer, divided)
20 peppermint candies, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
2. Melt the butter. In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, melted butter, eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
3. Beat in the cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan.
4. Place the pan in the oven and bake for approximately 25-35 minutes.
5. To make the frosting, combine the marshmallow fluff, vanilla frosting, and creamer in a mixing bowl. Whip until uniform throughout.
6. Spread the frosting over the brownies and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.