This international show, a three day celebration of cake, chocolate, and sugar artistry, was first held in 2015 and became an immediate sensation.
This year promises to be jam-packed. Celebrities such as Food Network star Duff Goldman will be in attendance. Chef Goldman will make stage appearances on Saturday and Sunday of the weekend, as will Mich Turner (‘Queen of Couture Cakes’) and Ron-Ben Israel (Halloween Baking Championship, Cake Wars, Sweet Genius).
Other unique show features will include:
- The Sugar Arts Fashion Show, with models strutting the runway adorned by cake costumes and edible ensembles
- Live Global Cake and Chocolate Challenges, where international teams and individuals, respectively, will battle for top honors
- Traditional cake competitions for contestants across all skill levels offering cash prizes
- More than 75 hands-on classes and demonstrations taught by the world’s best cake decorators
- An exhibit hall overflowing with products and services, some items for cash and carry
- Four “zones”, or interactive themed spaces filled with lively demos and displays – a wedding zone, a chocolate zone, a kids’ zone, and a cake zone
“Building on the enormous success of our show in 2015, The Americas Cake Fair 2017 promises to be bigger, bolder and even more spectacular,” says Kevin O’Reilly, founder of Satin Fine Foods and Cake Fair. “The cake and baking industry continues its dynamic growth in commercial distribution, wholesale, foodservice and retail, and consumer interest in baking is at an all-time high. There’s an enormous hunger among professionals and hobbyists, alike, for new products, services and ideas. Our show delivers that and much more; it’s the largest opportunity in the Americas to become completely immersed in the world of cake.”
Registration (ticket purchase) for admission, hands-on classes, demonstrations, competitions, and The Sugar Arts Fashion Show will open February 1, 2017. Members of the trade and the public can pre-register now to receive event updates, special offers, lodging, and other beneficial information. For those wishing to present their work during live challenges and competitions, information about themes, regulations and registration is now available.