General Mills is once again sponsoring the Pillsbury Bakers Plus Creative Decorating Competition at IBIE 2016 on October 8-11, 2016. Local affiliates will have a chance to send their top decorators and in areas without affiliate competitions, decorators can enter by portfolio.
New this year:
- Decorators will compete as a team of two. Decorators can form a team with someone from their bakery, in-store bakery or cake shop or they may chose a family member or a decorator from their local affiliate.
- Decorators must compete and win a regional competition or they may enter by portfolio. Affiliates cannot send a decorator without hosting a regional competition. (In the past an affiliate could choose a decorator to represent the area without a contest--that is no longer allowed.
- RBA will pay travel and hotel for 3 nights for both team members.
- Decorators will compete in 3 categories - Wedding, Sculpted, and Fondant.
- Affiliates must notify RBA by May 1, 2016 if they will be hosting a competition. Contests must be completed by August 31, 2016 to enter your team in the 2016 CDC in Las Vegas.
- A draft contestant workbook is available so affiliates can use national rules for their local competition if desired, but local competitions can have reduced requirements to fit into shorter competition times.
Please contact Lynn Schurman, RBA Director of Education for more info or if you have questions at Lynn@RetailBakersofAmerica.org