What holiday pop-ups will be favored by the populace in 2014? Here is a top 10 list provided by PopUp Republic, a social media marketing company (www.popuprepublic.com) that focuses exclusively on pop-ups and features an online directory of thousands of pop-ups occurring nationwide:
1. The Holiday Shops at Bryant Park, New York City, now to Jan. 3. Features more than 125 boutique-style shops situated on the park’s tree-lined pathways.
2. Milk Handmade Pop-Up Shop, Block 37, downtown Chicago, now through December.
3. Tin Lizzy Mobile Pop-Up Boutique, Silver Spring, Md., Dec. 20.
4. Downtown Holiday Pop-Up Market, Washington, D.C., Nov. 28-Dec. 23. A festive shopping “village” located in the heart of the city features some 150 regional artisans of ethnically produced goods located in the heart of the city.
5. Sanibel & Captiva Luminary Festival, Sanibel Island and Captiva Island, Fla., Dec. 5-6.
6. Discover Roxbury City Hall Pop-Up Shop, Boston, now through Dec. 22.
7. Ugly Sweater Party at Penn Woods Winery, Chadds Ford, Pa., Dec. 5. This charity fundraiser located 30 miles west of Philadelphia features an ugly sweater contest, wine, finger foods and other holiday fun.
8. Handmade Holidays-Christmas Pop-Up Shop in Overton Square, Memphis, Tenn., Nov. 28-Dec. 27.
9. Pop-Up Shop Holidays Downtown, Colorado Springs, Colo., now through Dec. 30.
10. Holiday Pop-Up Shop at Museum of Design Atlanta, Atlanta, Dec. 11.
“Our top 10 list does not cover all of the thousands of pop-ups taking place across the country this time of year, but based on our experience, will offer unique shopping experiences,” said Jeremy Baras, CEO at PopUp Republic. “For people who cannot visit a pop-up this year, we offer many items through PopUps Across America (www.popupsacrossamerica.com), the first online shopping mall that features products offered by pop-up merchants.”