Chef Salvatore Martone of Joël Robuchon Restaurant and L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon at MGM Grand Las Vegas will return to The French Pastry School to teach a four-day, hands-on class that will take your plated desserts to the next level. Within this class, you will make an assortment of elegant plated desserts using the artistry and special methods shared with you by Chef Martone. Add new techniques, modern flavor combinations, and organizational strategies to your repertoire with these and other recipes:
To register, click here:
Recipes may include:
- La Bulle de Sucre à la Violette: violet cream, blueberry compote, yogurt-blueberry sorbet and lemon confit
- Pineapple Jasmine: marinated pineapple, cheesecake cream, lemon coulis, jasmine gelée and pistachio isomalt tuile
- Orange Paradise: chocolate pudding, spoon biscuit, tuile, cocoa nibs, and orange sorbet with grains of paradise
- Frasier: biscuit chiffon, vanilla crème légère, strawberry fluid gel, strawberry sorbet and micro sorrel syrup
- Cherry Dulcey: moeleux au chocolat, mousse Dulcey and cherry ice cream
- Hazelnut Passion: caramel-hazelnut ice cream, hazelnut blanc-manger, passion-mango crèmeux, and hazelnut dragon beard
- Lychee Granité: lychee sorbet, poppy foam, pomegranate reduction, and yuzu gelée
- Arabica: coffee gelée, gianduja whipped ganache, coffee Chantilly, coffee ice cream and sablé
Chef Salvatore Martone has been the Executive Pastry Chef at Joël Robuchon Restaurant and L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon at MGM Grand Las Vegas since May 2013, where he previously worked as Executive Pastry Sous-Chef from 2005 to 2008. In addition, he was the Pastry Chef at L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon at the Four Seasons Hotel; Executive Pastry Chef at The Ojai Valley Inn and Spa in Ojai, California; and he worked at Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas. Chef Martone was awarded first prize at Starchef International Pastry Competition in 2010.
Continual education has been a key instrument in Chef Martone's career. He began his education at the School of Culinary Arts in Naples, Italy, and he later attended Instituto Arte Culinare in Venice, Italy. Wanting to round out his pastry knowledge, he attended The French Pastry School's L'Art de la Pâtisserie, the Professional Pastry and Baking Program, in Chicago, Illinois, in 2004. He has also pursued education with periodic classes from masters in their fields. Chef Martone believes that there is always room for growth and the attitude "I already know everything" only limits you.