Knowing a great crust is the foundation for a signature pizza, General Mills will once again bring its team of pizza crust experts to the 2014 International Pizza Expo taking place March 24-27 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Pizza Expo attendees are encouraged to stop by General Mills’ booth (#469) where The Doughminators™, who work with pizza operators year round to help them dominate their dough and save them from crust catastrophes, will be onsite to share their technical expertise and extensive knowledge of flour. They will also host Pizza Crust Boot Camp™ and lead dough demonstrations.
For 20 years, Pizza Crust Boot Camp has been a highlight of the Pizza Expo. The free seminar lead by The Doughminators features both Technical and Practical information, from the basics of dough formation and the dough-making process to how to make “emergency” dough.
“Our team has more than 100 collective years of pizza-making experience, and we are happy to share our tips and tricks of the trade to help give operators the confidence to create a perfect pizza crust,” said Tim Huff, R & D manager and part of The Doughminators’ team. “Pizza Crust Boot Camp will arm pizza operators with the information to put them in control of their dough instead of letting the dough control them.”
In addition to Pizza Crust Boot Camp, The Doughminators will host free dough demonstrations at the General Mills’ booth and be available to help operators identify the best flour type to meet their needs. A complete schedule of activity follows:
New Operator/First Time Attendee Reception (2nd Floor Lobby):
- Monday: 6-7:00 p.m.
- Attendees pre-registered for the first-time attendee seminar should stop by General Mills’ table at the reception.
Dough Making Demonstrations (Booth #469):
- Tuesday-Wednesday: 12:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 12:00 p.m.
Pizza Crust Boot Camp™ ( Room N253):
- Tuesday-Wednesday: 9-10:30 a.m.
- During Part I (technical), attendees will learn about basic dough formation along with the inter-functionality of the ingredients and applications of specialty ingredients.
- Tuesday-Wednesday: 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Part II (practical) covers the dough-making process and discusses various dough-processing methods as well as how to make “emergency” dough.