Udi's Gluten Free Foods is launching five new items today at Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore, demonstrating the brand's continued leadership and innovation in delicious gluten-free products.
Natural Products Expo East is the premier natural, organic and healthy lifestyle tradeshow, creating an ideal venue to showcase Udi's expanding line of gluten-free foods, including:
- Plain tortillas (available in 6" and 9" varieties), $6.29 - $7.29 – Soft tortillas were the top-requested item by Udi's fans, so the company created a soft, flour-style tortilla unlike the dryer corn or existing gluten-free options on the market.
- Everything Inside Bagel, $6.49 – In addition to classic poppy seeds, onion, salt and garlic, these bagels have nutritious millet and flax seeds, all baked inside for more flavor and less mess.
- Harvest Crunch Muffins, $6.99 – With healthy whole grains like quinoa, the Harvest Crunch Muffin is a nutritious breakfast option. The combination of cranberry, sweet potato and pepitas also make this muffin a unique fall-flavored treat. Just one serving contains 25 percent of the recommended daily value of Vitamin A.
- Mighty Bagel, $6.49 – Hearty yet light and doughy, the Mighty Bagel combines power-packed favorites like cranberry, quinoa, sunflower seeds and pepitas. It is a delicious gluten-free alternative to similar choices at the bakery or bagel shop.
- Double Vanilla Muffins, $6.99 – Sweet, creamy vanilla infuses these muffins and the moist, fluffy texture means it can double as a cupcake. Udi's fans were using the brand's Double Chocolate muffin as a cupcake base, so the Udi's team created a similar vanilla option.
"Sharing our new product line at Expo East means Udi's will bring even more delicious options to the gluten-free community," says Denise Sirovatka, vice president of marketing. "Any time Udi's creates something new, it's in response to the needs and requests of our fans. We love bringing their ideas to life for a more enjoyable, fulfilling eating experience."
The growing selection of products from Udi's points to continued growth and demand for gluten-free. Between 2004 and 2010, the gluten-free category in the U.S. grew by 28 percent, and projections indicate an estimated 16 percent increase from 2010-2015, making the gluten-free category a 5.5 billion-dollar industry.
Udi's has long been a category leader, introducing the first line of gluten-free hamburger and hot dog buns, creating nutritionally enhanced breads with chia and flax seeds, and providing gluten-free options in Major League baseball venues like Coors Field and Yankee Stadium. Udi's model is built on strong communication with the gluten-free community and a commitment to creating foods that have the taste and texture of conventional gluten-filled products.
The new products debuting at Expo East will be available in stores beginning November 2012. Udi's Gluten Free Foods are available at national grocery stores and retailers and can be purchased online at www.udisglutenfree.com. All of Udi's baked goods are made in a 100 percent dedicated, certified gluten-free bakery located in Denver to eliminate and prevent the risk of cross-contamination.