2022 marks 30 years in business for Caribou Coffee. To celebrate this milestone, the company will offer a special limited edition Birthday Cake Latte during its birthday week, starting Monday, December 12.
The celebratory concoction of espresso, steamed milk and cupcake flavor is topped with whipped cream and festive sugar.
Founders John and Kim Puckett opened the doors of the first Caribou Coffee in Edina, Minnesota, on December 14, 1992. It has now transformed into one of the nation’s largest coffee chains with over 400 coffeehouses throughout the United States.
“As Caribou reflects on its 30 years of business, we’re proud to celebrate the successes achieved throughout our journey. Our current and past team members, countless partners, vendors, and supporters, as well as our exceptional guests, have played a critical role in our long-term success – and for that, we are truly grateful,” says John Butcher, Caribou Coffee chief executive officer and president. “As we look ahead to the next 30 years, we are excited to build upon our shared vision of living life to the fullest and providing guests with the inspiring coffeehouse experience they know and love.”
In addition to the Birthday Cake Latte, guests can enjoy a variety of seasonal beverages and foods this month. They include:
- Ho Ho Mint Mocha – Real chocolate melted into steamed milk and combined with espresso and mint flavor. Topped with whipped cream and peppermints. Also available iced, blended or nitro
- Fa La Latte – Espresso and steamed egg nog. Topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Also available iced or nitro
- Spicy Mocha – Real chocolate melted into steamed milk, combined with espresso, ancho chili and chipotle flavors. Topped with whipped cream and chocolate chips. Also available iced, blended or nitro
- Iced Crafted Press with Egg Nog Cold Foam – Cold Press with a splash of milk and real sugar. Served over ice and topped with egg nog cold foam
- Maple Waffle Breakfast Sandwich – Chicken apple Gouda sausage, Gouda cheese and a cage-free egg, sandwiched between two maple waffles
- Ho Ho Mint Cake Pop – A rich chocolate cake ball with a hint of mint, dipped in festive, red-colored white chocolate and topped with white pearls
- Gingerbread – A spicy gingerbread loaf cake with vanilla icing
“Caribou has been spreading holiday cheer for thirty years. The return of our holiday menu with seasonal flavors and offerings invites our guests to take a moment out of their day and indulge in a festive treat that sparks joy,” says Caribou Coffee chief brand and marketing officer Erin Newkirk.