The recipe for Kickin' Southwest Stuffin' Muffins from White Castle has arrived just in time for Thanksgiving. These muffins are packed with corn, green onions, chili powder, a variety of peppers and the main ingredient — Jalapeño Cheese Sliders, which can be purchased fresh from White Castle restaurants or frozen from retail stores across the US.
"We humbly believe White Castle should be consumed any day of the year, including Thanksgiving, and this bold take on stuffing will allow you to do just that," says Jamie Richardson, vice president at White Castle. "Thanksgiving is all about traditions, and we're confident this recipe will become a mainstay at all of your gatherings once you introduce it to friends and family. Best of all – the Stuffin' Muffins are slider-sized and packed with flavor – just like our Sliders."
The recipe can be found below:
- 10 TBLS Butter
- 12 Jalapeño Sliders chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 3 large jalapeño peppers diced (1 cup) - leave the seeds for a spicier muffin
- 1 poblano pepper diced (1 cup) – leave the seeds for more spice
- 1 red bell pepper diced (1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Green onion sliced (2/3 cup)
- 2 TBLS chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced peppers and sauté until soft.
- Add the corn and green onions, turn off heat.
- Add chili powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix vegetables with sliders and breadcrumbs.
- Combine your broth and eggs.
- Pour broth & egg mixture over slider mixture and blend well.
- Scoop into buttered muffin tin or use cupcake wrappers.