Yields 12 servings
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Colavita Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Colavita Sun-dried Tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl to combine. Add in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Oil a donut pan with Colavita olive oil
- Spoon of pipe the mixture into the donut pan.
- Bake at 350˚F for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and invert onto a cooling rack. While still warm, dust with the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Best served warm.
Recipe courtesy of Colavita Olive Oil