“The Mango Passion Fruit Crinkle Cookies are chewy and moist, with a taste of the tropics from the Perfect Puree Mango Passion Fruit blend and a hint of dark rum.” – Chef Toni Roberts
Yields 12 cookies
- 0.25 oz Meyers Dark Rum
- 2 oz The Perfect Purée Mango Passion Fruit blend, thawed
- 6 oz white chocolate
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 oz granulated sugar
- 5.5 oz all purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- Confectioners sugar as needed
- Melt the white chocolate and butter together in a microwave at 50% power or over a double boiler.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar, rum, and Mango Passion Fruit blend.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Blend the egg mixture into the chocolate, then blend in the flour mixture to make a smooth dough. It will be a little looser than normal cookie dough - closer to a batter due to the melted chocolate.
- Chill the dough 3 hours or overnight.
- Scoop into 1.5 oz portions. Roll to completely coat in confectioners sugar.
- Space the coated dough balls 5” apart on a lined sheet pan and gently press to flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 F 12-14. The cookies will spread and crackle. They are done with the center in slightly poofed and the edged turn golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Toni Roberts, via The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley