- 2 cups packed, light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups melted, unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9” inch pie pan with pan spray.
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, pour brown sugar into bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter for 30 seconds at a time until fully melted.
- Once butter is ready, slowly add to brown sugar.
- Next, pour eggs and vanilla extract into the sugar butter mixture.
- Once eggs are well incorporated, in two stages add all purpose flour and salt.
- Pour Blondie mixture into the bottom of your pan.
- Spread evenly with spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then set aside until Pistachio Filling is ready.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¾ cups honey
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 cups shelled pistachios
- Place butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, honey and heavy cream into a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Using a thermometer, cook until filling reaches 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour in pistachios and stir with rubber spatula.
- Once pistachios are incorporated, pour over blondie crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for exactly 15 minutes.
- Filling will appear to be soft when you remove pie from oven but will firm up while cooling.
- Allow to cool for 2 hours in refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jessica McKinney, Canoe (Atlanta)