In honor of Latinx Heritage Month kicking off next week (September 15-October 15), Yelp is partnering with Latina singer, actress and entrepreneur Christina Milian to name this year’s Latinx Ones to Watch businesses. The list spotlights 15 Latinx-owned businesses across the country, including beloved restaurants, home décor destinations and beauty stores.
One of this year’s businesses to watch is Christina Milian’s Los Angeles-based sweet treat brand Beignet Box, which brings the traditional New Orleans pastry to California. This month, Yelp is also partnering with Beignet Box to host a special giveaway from Friday, September 30 through Sunday, October 2 for the community. More information can be found in the Yelp app.
The list also features small businesses such as 1928 Cuban Bistro, a Jacksonville go-to serving up authentic Cuban sandwiches, croquetas, empanadas and more, and Kindred Homestead Supply, Vancouver’s first zero-waste bulk refillery that has Yelpers raving about its cozy atmosphere.
The full list includes:
- 1928 Cuban Bistro - Jacksonville, FL
- Beignet Box - Los Angeles, CA
- Cena Luna – Stockton, CA | has online shopping
- Guevara’s - Brooklyn, NY
- Kindred Homestead Supply - Vancouver, WA
- Los Chilaquiles Mexican Breakfast - Reno, NV
- Rancho Diaz - San Antonio, TX | has online shopping
- Refucilo Winery - Pittsburgh, PA
- Revival Vintage – Austin, TX | has online shopping
- SACRÉ SUCRÉ - Baltimore, MD
- Stay While Coffee- Austin, TX
- The Brew- Albuquerque, NM
- The Tamale Store - Phoenix, AZ
- Warehaus Orlando – Orlando, FL | has online shopping
- Zee Bee Market – St. Louis, MO | has online shopping
Since introducing its Latinx-owned attribute in 2020, more than 37,000 businesses have self-identifed as Latinx-owned on Yelp.