DiGiorno is getting into the ice cream game to help celebrate National Ice Cream Day this Sunday, July 17. The frozen pizza brand has transformed the flaky, buttery layers of its best-selling Croissant Crust and baked it into an ice cream-ready cone for a frozen treat.
Additionally, DiGiorno has collaborated with a Cleveland-based creamery to create two savory ice cream flavors – Strawberry Tomato Basil and Parmesan Cheese – to be paired with the cone:
- Strawberry Tomato Basil – Combines the tangy sweetness of tomato and strawberry jam with notes of herb and pepper
- Parmesan Cheese – This flavor celebrates the cheesy goodness of a pizza
The DiGiorno Crust Cones with signature ice creams will be available exclusively through an online sweepstakes through July 17. To enter, fans can visit DiGiorno’s special website and follow the directions on-screen for a chance to win a kit.
The kit features everything needed to enjoy this refreshingly savory creation:
- Two (2) signature DiGiorno Croissant Crust cones
- One (1) pint of Strawberry Tomato Basil ice cream
- One (1) pint of Parmesan Cheese ice cream
- Grocery card for toppings of your choosing
“We’re always trying to think outside of the box, listen to pizza fans and push boundaries to meet demand,” says Kimberly Holowiak, DiGiorno brand manager at Nestlé. “Our Crust Cones are a unique summer treat and surprising new way for people to experience the delicious taste of DiGiorno Croissant Crust they know and love.”