Last year, Yelp released its Asian-owned business attribute in partnership with Gold House, a nonprofit organization that forges the inclusive unity, representation and success of Asians and Pacific Islanders, to introduce a new way for businesses to self-identify as Asian and for consumers to easily find and discover Asian-owned businesses to shop.
The search filter, which is opt-in only (as the decision to self-identify rests solely with the business), aims to elevate Asian-owned businesses who strengthen communities across the country and make it easier than ever for consumers to support them.
To add the Asian-owned business attribute to their Yelp Page, business owners can log into their Yelp for Business account and follow the instructions below:
- Log in to Yelp for Business (Business Information tab)
- In the Amenities section, click Add or Edit
- Select Yes next to “Asian-owned”
- Click Save Changes
Recently, in celebration of Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, Yelp compiled a list of beloved Asian-owned food, beauty and home businesses across the country, found on the review platform.
Among those are the following food/restaurant businesses:
- Happy Eatery - Arlington, VA
- Nguyen Coffee Supply - Brooklyn, NY
- Bean & Bean - Little Neck, NY
- Eerkin’s Uyghur Cuisine - Washington, DC
- Lady Ha - Atlanta, GA
- Java Saga - Atlanta, GA
- Jim-Jim’s Water-Ice - Austin,TX
- Secret Tiki Temple - Jacksonville, FL
- Gallery Pastry Bar - Indianapolis, IN
- Seoulju Korean Kitchen & Bar - Austin, TX