One of the most stressful elements of the holidays is putting the meals together, with all of the work that goes into that and the uncertainty of satisfying all of the guests.
Premiere artisan bread brand La Brea Bakery is looking to alleviate the pain of making a Thanksgiving meal with some helpful tips for the upcoming holiday. They include:
- Ask your family what foods really matter to them. Are you sure they want five different side dishes? Ask them what makes the holiday special, and then narrow down your menu.
- Don’t make everything from scratch. Baking bread can be relaxing and creative, but it can also add complexity to an already full week. Instead of starting from scratch, try the take & bake option, like the French dinner roll.
- Less is more. Cut quantities when you can, and stock up on earth-friendly freezer containers, just in case.
- The point of Thanksgiving is to give thanks, so use one of the serving dishes for notes where each guest can write down what they’re thankful for.
- Take deep breaths. Remember to stop and enjoy the smell of good food. And use some of those notes for yourself to write down what you appreciate. Gratitude reduces stress.
“We’re all about celebrating with food,” says La Brea Bakery chef and culinary innovation leader Jon Davis. “But it should be fun, not a frenzy. We love to bake, but we also love to save people time without sacrificing quality. That’s the whole idea behind our Take & Bake bread line. You get that fresh-out-of-the oven smell and taste, without spending your day making the rolls.”