St. Louis-based breads and pastry bakery Companion Baking, which services award-winning restaurants and retail chains across the Midwest in addition to running two cafés, is expanding its offerings to five new grocery chains across the country.
Companion has announced that it is now offering its famous bread pudding in 120 new grocery stores across multiple states. The list of states and new retailers, and what they will be offering, include:
- Fresh Thyme Market (70 stores in seven states) will be selling Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate Mocha, Maple Pecan and Banana Chocolate bread puddings
- Strack & Van Til Food Market (21 stores in Indiana) will be selling The Original bread pudding
- Pete's Market (18 stores in Chicago) will be selling Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate Mocha, Maple Pecan and Banana Chocolate bread puddings
- Consentino's Market (3 stores in Kansas City) will be selling Chocolate Mocha, Maple Pecan and The Original bread puddings
- Price Chopper (9 stores in Missouri & Kansas) will be selling Chocolate Mocha, Maple Pecan and The Original bread puddings
Companion’s bread is currently served in more than 400 restaurants, grocery stores and businesses around the country. Founded in 1993 by Josh Allen, Companion has two cafés in the St. Louis area and has been awarded the “Industry Leadership Award” by Modern Baking Magazine and recognized by USA Today as one of the “10 Great Places for Artisan Bread” in the US.