Approximate Yield: 8 – strudels per sheet (approx. 5.5” x 3.5” each)
- BakeQwik Gourmet Puff Sheets 15 x 23
- BakeSense Canned Pumpkin
- Westco Graham Cracker Crumbs
- BakeSense Sweet Condensed Full Cream
- Westco Spice Pumpkin Pie
- Westco Neutral Sparkle Glaze
Prepare the pumpkin filling by mixing 4 LB BakeSense Canned Pumpkin, 8 oz. Westco Graham Cracker Crumbs, 14 oz. BakeSense Sweetened Condensed Full Cream and 1 oz. Westco Pumpkin Pie Spice. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Place one BakeQwik Puff Pastry sheet on the table in front of you. Make sure that the long side is perpendicular to you. Cut the sheet in half horizontally with a very sharp knife. Then cut the sheet vertically three times to make 8 equal rectangular pieces.
- Place 2 oz. of pumpkin filling mixture on the bottom half of each strip. Wash the edges with water. Pull the top half of each strip over the half with the pumpkin filling and gently seal the edges.
- Egg wash the tops of the strudels, being careful not to let the egg wash drip over the sides. Sprinkle the tops generously with crystal sugar. Cut five slits in the top of each strudel with a pair of scissors.
- Transfer strudels to paper lined baking trays. Let them rest for 30 minutes before baking.
Bake in a 375°F oven for 20 minutes until the sides have also browned to prevent collapsing.
After removing from oven, brush immediately with Westco Neutral Sparkle Glaze melted to 180°F for maximum shine and shelf life.
Formulation courtesy of BakeMark