French’s has announced the release of new French’s Mustard Buns in celebration of National Mustard Day on Saturday, August 7. The company developed the limited-edition buns in partnership with Piantedosi Baking Company, a New England based wholesale bakery with over 100 years of expertise.
French’s plans to roll out its buns baked with French’s Classic Yellow Mustard at select well-known landmarks and baseball stadiums across the US in cities such as New York City, Baltimore, Los Angeles, Chicago and Boston.
“For over 115 years, French’s has delivered bold, all-American flavor to customers nationwide,” says Jill Pratt, chief marketing excellence officer for McCormick. “Year after year, we look forward to raising the French’s flag in celebration of National Mustard Day, by introducing exciting new ways to enjoy the bright, tangy taste of mustard.”
“When the French’s opportunity came across our desk, we jumped at the chance to collaborate. Together, we have over 200 years of quality, creativity and experience,” says Carmine Piantedosi, operations manager and owner at Piantedosi Baking Company. “Mixing the bold flavor of their Classic Yellow Mustard and our innovative baking process, we developed a truly unique bread formula for National Mustard Day. We’re thrilled to have thousands of people across the country taste the awesome buns that we created!”
The limited-edition buns will be available at the following locations and dates:
August 7, National Mustard Day (free pop-ups, starting 12 pm local time, while supplies last)
- The Hot Dog King (New York, NY) – free, hot dog cart outside of The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Lodge (Chicago, IL) – free, hot dog cart in front of the tavern
- Pier Burger (Santa Monica, CA)– free, hot dog cart on the Santa Monica Pier
August 7, National Mustard Day (with stadium concession hot dog purchase, while supplies last)
- Yankee Stadium (Bronx, NY) – with purchase of hot dog from Concession Stand 110 during the 1:05 pm game against Seattle
- Camden Yards (Baltimore, MD) – with purchase of hot dog from Camden Franks Concession (lower level, Eutaw Street) during Orioles 7:05 pm game against Rays
Saturday, August 14 (free pop-up, starting 12PM local time, while supplies last)
- The Best Sausage Company (Boston, MA) - free, hot dog cart outside of Fenway Park