French-Asian bakery café TOUS les JOURS is bringing a vegetable with Asian roots to a variety of baked goods this month.
The chain is launching new breads and cakes made with taro. Taro is a tasty root vegetable that has been gaining popularity in the desert and beverage world for the past few years due to its rich and nutty flavor and vibrant lilac hue.
The new menu items available in August include:
- Taro Mousse – Creamy and sweet taro mousse cake topped with whipped cream and fresh berries
- Taro Buttercream Bread – Taro-infused soft bread filled with taro buttercream
- Taro Cream Bread – Taro-infused soft bread with taro buttercream and almond cream
- Choco Cream Bread – Soft brown bread filled with rich ganache cream
- Sweet Brown Roll – Soft dinner roll covered in flat oats
Currently, there are more than 70 TOUS les JOURS stores in the United States and more than 1,600 stores all around the world.