Milk Bar has announced the creation of a new national holiday, National Birthday Do-Over Month, taking place this July. Inspired to create a feel-good movement after countless Americans sent birthday care packages of Milk Bar treats to loved ones during lockdown, National Birthday Do-Over Month is meant to give anyone, anywhere in the country an opportunity to take an extra moment to celebrate themselves and do their 2020 birthday over.
“None of us were able to celebrate our 2020 birthday as we may have originally planned -- but seeing the magic you all made at home with a video chat or a killer cake brought us at Milk Bar a whole lot of spirit,” says Christina Tosi, founder of Milk Bar. “National Birthday Do-Over Month is our love letter to you. It doesn’t matter how many “Happy Birthday’s” you sung from afar, or when your own big day is -- our mission this July is to give you as many excuses as possible to spark joy, create cause for celebration, and Do-Over what didn’t go according to plan last year.”
With the help of partners American Express Gold Card and Party City, Milk Bar is offering events, specials and other surprises throughout the month, including:
- Starting this past spring, Milk Bar asked its community to share examples of someone special in their life that truly deserves a birthday do-over. Now, they’re surprising these incredible people all month long with surprise parties in a box delivered every day in July in partnership with the American Express Gold Card and Party City. Milk Bar will continue surprising people throughout the summer.
- All month long, customers will have the opportunity to donate to The Birthday Party Project, Milk Bar’s charitable partner that throws birthday parties for kids experiencing homelessness across the country, while at checkout.
- Milk Bar enlisted viral recording artist JVKE to re-do the Happy Birthday Song on TikTok, which will also serve as a virtual fundraiser for The Birthday Party Project.
- Milk Bar is teaming up with the American Express Gold Card to help you do your 2020 birthday over in person, by popping up in some of their favorite cities for two-day events, where they’ll throw an epic outdoor birthday party complete with special surprises and experiences, in addition to selling signature treats and exclusive merchandise.
- Available now, American Express Gold Card Members receive 48 hours early access to pop-up reservations on Resy, before reservations open to the general public on July 8 at 10 am EST.
Chicago (7/24-7/25, 12pm-7pm)
- Parson’s Chicken and Fish - 2952 W Armitage Ave, Chicago, IL 60647
San Francisco (7/31-8/1, 12pm-7pm)
- Gott’s Roadside - One Ferry Building #6, San Francisco, CA 94111
- Seattle - August pop-up info coming soon
- Chicago (7/24-7/25, 12pm-7pm)
- All day on July 6, customers can purchase Milk Bar’s signature Cereal Milk Soft Serve with B’day Crumb for $1.
- Milk Bar’s newest treat, the Ice Cream Sammie, is made from its new Birthday Cake Ice Cream Pints sandwiched between two snack-sized soft-baked Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow cookies.
- Milk Bar partnered with Postmates to offer an exclusive, delivery-only Belated Birthday Pint that layers Cereal Milk Soft Serve, Fudge sauce, B’day cake pieces, B’day Crumb and sprinkles into one birthday do-over dessert, available on Postmates all month long.