Kokak Chocolates, a new LGBTQ-owned artisan chocolate company in the Castro neighborhood of San Francisco, specializes in small-batch single origin heirloom chocolates and tropical-inspired truffle flavors with a story to tell.
“Our Castro neighbors were the first to embrace us, stopping each week to try different truffle flavors, buy up the day’s remaining selections and support however they could,” says founder Carol Gancia. “I am beyond proud to be a part of and commemorate Kokak Chocolates’ first anniversary with Pride month and expand our collections to honor my Asian roots.”
Coinciding with the company’s first anniversary and Pride month, the female-owned artisanal chocolate company has launched chocolate collections celebrating inclusivity, heritage and Father’s Day this summer.
In celebration of Pride Month in June, Kokak Chocolates’ new limited edition Pride Collection features vibrant rainbow designs and luscious flavors:
- Love is Love Pride Truffle Collection (9-piece) – Single origin Passion Fruit and house-made Hazelnut Gianduja Praliné truffles dressed in pride colors decorated with “love is love is love.”
- Out and Proud SF Pride Truffle Collection (16-piece) – This limited edition collection has sixteen premium flavors: Passion Fruit saying, “love is love is love,” Hazelnut Gianduja Praliné dressed in Pride flag colors, house-made Peanut Marshmallow and tropical Banana Caramel.
Other new offerings include:
- June 1896 Artist Palette Heirloom Dark Chocolate Bar Toast – This limited edition Artist Palette Bar inspired by the colors of the Philippine flag (red, white, blue and yellow) pays tribute to Philippine Independence Day celebrated on June 12. Made with a 70% light roast single origin dark chocolate (Nacional) with notes of cocoa, red fruits, macadamia, molasses and buttery finish.
- Father’s Day Happy Hour Collection (9-piece and 16-piece) – This collection includes four single origin liqueur truffles featuring Tequila Lime, Irish Coffee, Bourbon and Piña Colada.
- D.I.Y. Single Origin Brownie Flight Tasting Gift Package – A rich chocolate brownie flight with a detailed tasting guide (and suggested beverage pairings). Each brownie contains milk and dark chocolate single origin and organic chocolates from the Esmeraldas and Manabi provinces in Ecuador: Milk Chocolates Brownie with Cocoa Nibs, Dark Chocolate Noir Brownie, Dark Chocolate Vietnamese Coffee Brownie and Dark Chocolate Candied Kumquat Brownie.