- 600 g half and half
- 425 g milk
- 454 g GUANAJA 70% DARK CHOCOLATE
- 227 g JIVARA 40% MILK CHOCOLATE
- 1.5 g salt
- 2 g cinnamon
- 1000 g cream
- 150 g sugar
- 1 bean NOROHY Vanilla Bean
- 429 g water
- pinch salt
- 115 g butter
- 323 g AP flour
- 113 g queso fresco
- 100 g eggs
- AN cinnamon and sugar mixture
Bring half and half and the milk to a boil.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil again, being careful to stir constantly so the chocolate doesn't burn and stick to the bottom.
Whisk all ingredients until medium peaks.
- Bring water, salt and butter to a boil.
- Add sifted flour at once off the stove and mix to combine.
- Put back on the stove, and continue to mix and cook until a thin layer of dough forms on the bottom of the pot.
- Place dough on mixer and with paddle start to slowly mix for a couple of minutes until dough cools.
- Add queso fresco and mix to combine.
- Add eggs in two parts and mix to combine.
- Place on a piping bag.
- Keep at room temperature, fry at 350°F (176°C).
- When golden brown, remove from the fryer with tongs or a slotted spoon and place on a tray lined with paper towel. Allow the excess oil to drip off, then toss in a bowl with cinnamon and sugar while still hot. Serve immediately.
Pour the hot chocolate into a small dish, and spoon the whip chream into another. Serve with the hot churros and use for dipping.
Formulation courtesy of Chef Paola Marocchi, for Valrhona