Leading national artisan bread brand La Brea Bakery has announced that it has expanded its popular Take and Bake portfolio with the launch of six new breads. This includes two different sandwich rolls, three rolls and a new twin pack baguette.
These new breads feature ingredients like turmeric, everything seasoning, ancient grains, sunflower seeds, rosemary and poppy seeds, and will be available at grocery stores like Kroger, Albertsons and Harris Teeter nationwide starting Saturday, May 1.
“Last year, we saw a steady increase in consumer demand for our Take and Bake breads, so to keep up with demand, we enhanced our automation processes at our bakeries to support growth and expansion in this area,” says Chris Prociv, senior vice president of marketing, innovation and R&D at La Brea Bakery. “Take and Bake breads have been rising in popularity since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic – bread sales across the board increased greatly and specifically, La Brea Bakery’s Take and Bake bread sales were up over 35 percent. In looking at consumer trends and evaluating our sales data, the decision to expand this portfolio was clear.”
Take and Bake breads are pre-packaged, shipped frozen, boast a six-day ambient shelf life and are certified Non-GMO, Kosher and Vegan. The new flavors include:
- Seeded Sourdough Roll – A thin, crispy crust and chewy interior with a rich sourdough taste enhanced with a generous amount of millet, flax, and poppy seeds
- Everything Roll – A savory roll with a soft interior, poppy seeds throughout, and a crunchy top containing onions, poppy, and sesame seeds
- Sunflower Turmeric Roll – Poppy and sunflower seeds flavor this roll, while the turmeric spices give it a great color with added flavor
- Rosemary Garlic Focaccia Roll – A crisp exterior and chewy center; roasted garlic and rosemary throughout creates an aromatic and savory roll
- French Sandwich Rolls – A French sandwich roll with a smooth and crisp taste and a golden crust
- Twin Pack Ancient Grain Baguette – A blend of nine grains and seeds along with the slow fermentation of our signature sourdough results in a multi-textured eating experience
La Brea Bakery refreshed its packaging across the entire Take and Bake portfolio to drive awareness of the ingredients and address consumer questions. Information on the front of the packaging includes messaging around no artificial preservatives, flavors or colors and a callout that these breads can be baked right away or frozen to be kept on hand and be fresh-baked later. The back of the packaging includes recipe suggestions for inspiration and simple baking instructions to allow for customized textures, with an image of the breads so consumers know what it will look like when properly baked.
The Take and Bake portfolio now includes 13 different breads, with the new breads retailing for $2.99-3.99.